Math and science in Moodle
Easily include maths formulas in your content within Moodle.
- Create mathematical formulas with a visual editor (WYSIWYG)
WIRIS plugin for Moodle enhances your text editor with new icons to edit math equations with WIRIS EDITOR.
WIRIS QUIZZES includes new question types designed for math and science courses
- Create mathematical quizzes with random parameters and automated grading
Discover also the free collection of exercises at www.STEMcollection.com.▼ more information ▼ more information ▲ less information
Moodle 2 & Moodle 3
- Moodle filter
- Plugin for TinyMCE
- Plugin for ATTO
- New icons
- New question types
Empower the module Quiz with mathematics
Moodle Quiz allows you to create questionnaires for your students. If you would enjoy such features as randomised data and automatic evaluation and feedback, then WIRIS quizzes is your solution. This component enhances the existing question types of Moodle with the power of mathematics:
- Student answers are automatically evaluated and their feedback is provided taking into account the randomness of the question and that of the answer!
- The evaluation checks for mathematically equivalent answers to the expected, but not exactly the expected solution. For example, if the solution were , we want the system to interpret as a correct answer. This can only be achieved via a calculation engine as WIRIS.
- Check the format of the answer provided by the student: request it to be simplified, factorised, etc. in Moodle 2.
- You keep full control over random data (create a random matrix with a set range, for example, or a polynomial with a double root).
- Add 2D or 3D graphics in your questions, answers and feedback.
- The teacher decides if the student has access to a calculation engine to introduce the answer.
- The production and modification time of the exercises is reduced to the minimum through simple and visual edition.
- New icon in the toolbar
- Handwriting recognition for mobile devices. Works with iPad and other tablets.
- Accesibility text automatically included in math formulas.
- LaTeX support
- Interface requests images to a web-service
- Images are stored in a cache folder
- Include new question types in Moodle 2 & Moodle 3
- Interface requests answers evaluation to a math engine through a web-service