1. The words must be complete except for well established math functions like: sin, cos, log, gcd, abs, etc. For example, polynomial (not
polynom), factor (not fact), evaluate (not eval).
2. All names must be in lowercase because uppercase is reserved for types, which are internal and automatic in WIRIS.
3. No spaces or symbols other than _ are allowed in names. Apostrophes are not allowed.
4. Words must be correctly written with their accents.
5. Duplicated translations are forbidden (i.e. two different English words cannot map to the same translation). For this purpose, two different words due to their accents are considered the same word. For example, ángulo and angulo in Spanish.
There are two mutual-exclusive exceptions to this rule:
- median_line and median can have the same translation (mediana in Spanish, médiane in French)
- median_line and mean can have the same translation (mitjana in Catalan)