Remember that the recommended way of uninstalling WIRIS Quizzes is the automatic uninstallation program, which can be run from a browser.
During the uninstallation process, three actions can be done. Only the first one is compulsory.
Uninstall: restore the patched Moodle files, remove the WIRIS folders in question/type, and remove the language files of WIRIS Quizzes.
This will leave the system behaving as before installing WIRIS Quizzes. Obviously, those questions that use WIRIS Quizzes functionalities will not work correctly, but everything else will be as before. If you perform only this action, then you could re-install WIRIS Quizzes later on, and no data would be lost, since neither the questions nor the database tables are erased..
Remove the files in wiris-quizzes.
This action removes the wiris-quizzes folder and all its contents.
Erase data: remove the WIRIS Quizzes tables from Moodle’s database.
This action removes completely all data stored by WIRIS Quizzes, which is located in some tables in Moodle’s database (see Which tables does WIRIS Quizzes create in Moodle’s database?). Hence, all questions created by users will be lost definitely, even if WIRIS Quizzes is reinstalled.
Follow these instructions:
- Make sure the web server has reading and writing access to the root directory of Moodle (see Which permissions does the installer need?).
- Open in your browser the address http://<your_moodle>wiris-quizzes/uninstall.php and follow the instructions.
- When you are requested so, choose which ones of the three actions explained above must be performed.
Remember that this procedure is not recommended; it is intended only for system administrators that need to customize their server security, or in case the automatic uninstall has failed. The recommended procedure in every other case is the automatic uninstallation.
The process of uninstallation is exactly the reverse of the installation one. Follow these instructions:
- Remove these folders in questions/type:
- Restore Moodle’s patched files, by overwriting them with the copies made during installations:
- Copy question/question.php.old to question/question.php
- Copy lib/questionlib.php.old to lib/questionlib.php
At this point, you have completed the first of the uninstallation actions; for practical purposes, WIRIS Quizzes has already been uninstalled.
If you desire to remove the Quizzes tables from Moodle’s database, you can do it automatically, independently of whether you do the rest of the uninstallation manually or automatically. Open in your browser the address http://wiris_quizzes/uninstall.php and choose only the option “Remove WIRIS Quizzes tables from the database” when you are asked for the actions to perform.
Alternatively, you can remove manually these tables by using the “drop table” command in your SQL client. At Which tables does WIRIS Quizzes create in Moodle’s database? you can find the list of tables that must be removed.
At this point, the system is in the same state as before installing WIRIS Quizzes.
- If you want to remove completely all WIRIS Quizzes files, remove the folder wiris-quizzes.